Saturday, November 1, 2008

A whole lot of catch up- and we are the champions!

This week went by so quickley I hardly know where to start. The week started with the carnival at the school. Being a room mom automaticaly makes you in charge of the game at the carnival, so that is what I did. Thankfully all the kindergarten classes came together and we just did a nail painting station. And since I have two very willing teenage girls, I put them in charge of running it for me. Britt and Savannah spent the evening painting about 100 little girls and boys nails. I'm so thankful they were willing to do this for me. I was able to walk around with Luke and spend the evening with my boys!


On Wed. evening Cody had his first play off game. We played the one team we lost too this season, it was nice to be given the chance to play them again. We won, 46-6!


At the end of the week I had to put together the Halloween party for Luke's class. It turned out really fun for the kids. We were able to decorate pumkin cookies, make spider pencils, play halloween bingo, and read spooky halloween books. Yes, that is Mrs. Potts behind Luke. His student teacher dressed up as the disney character, while his teacher was Raggy Ann.



For dinner on Halloween night I made orange scones. We had Navajo Tacos- they were really yummy!




Here are the kids right before they went out trick-or-treating. Luke was Indiana Jones, or Dr. Jones as he liked to be called. Cody was a dead hippie, Savannah was a doll, and Britt was a football player, wearing the good old Vacaville #44, yea!




We had to make it an early evening on Halloween night so Cody could home and go to bed because he had his big Championship game the next day.


Here is Cody and his coach, dad, showing off there "super bowl" championship medals (they really say that). We beat the other Lone Peak Knights team, 14-0





Here's the family after the big win! I'm going to miss going to the games every Sat. I love football!!

I love Lukes "Rocky" pose in this picture!




Cody and Clay were so excited after the game was over. Clay told me he was more excited and nervous about this game then he ever was about any of his high school games.



This is Cody receiving his medal


I bet you didn't know I had six kids! Tyler is over so much he basically is like my sixth child!




I loved this talk the coach gave the boys after their big win!



After the big game we celebrated Jess's sweet 16th birthday. Clay is leaving for Canada tomorrow on business so we had to have the big party today, even though her real birthday isn't until Monday.






This was Jess's favorite gift, the zebra stripped boots!



Jess got this awesome purple jacket from Chelsea. It went perfect with her boots!


Jess giving her thumbs up, letting us know she liked her party and presents!




This is Clay during Jess's party, talking about his first born daughter.
He is so much like his dad!











3 comments:

Rachelle said...

What a fun post. Yeah for Cody and Clay. Love the costumes. I also love that you help out in school so much. What a great Mom you are. It's not easy being Mom to a sixteen year old and a kindergartner. You handle it beautifully.

Jill Walker said...

Congrats on the win! Your Jess is so beautiful. I can't believe you have a child that old. Wow, that really makes me feel old! It was great to see you on Nana's birthday. I agree that we really should see each other more. You would think that we lived 6 hours apart instead of 5 minutes! We will have to work on that.

Libby said...

I can't believe tomorrow is Jess's 16th birthday! I love the zebra books. Those are awesome.

Congrats on Cody's playoff game! It was so cute seeing how excited him and Clay were. That would have been a lot of fun to be at! I love football games too. Although I think I will have too much anxiety if Jack decides to play.