Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


It's mine and Clay's 17th wedding anniversary today! I can't believe I have been married for so long. At times it seems like it was just yesterday we were at the LA temple getting sealed to each other, but then other times it seems like a lifetime ago.
We had a fun day just being together and doing the things we love to do. We ate lunch at our favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse then headed to the mall to do some shopping. Yes, Clay actually likes to shop and picks out clothes for me better than I pick out clothes for myself.
We ran into my cousin Jill and her husband Scott at the mall. It's crazy because for the last few weeks I have ran into Jill so many times. Mostly at Costco, but now the mall. It's fun to have family so close around you and to be able to see them so often.
After the mall we headed over to see if we could visit with my SIL Kym at her house, but she wasn't home and since we were so close we decided to go to Park City instead. We went to the outlets up there and scored on some great after Christmas deals. I swear we ended up buying more clothes today then we did for all of Christmas.
After a long day of shopping we had worked up a big appetite and needed some good food. So we went to our next favorite restaurant Tepanyaki's. Thankfully because it was only Clay and I we got in quickly, but were seated with the family from you know where. I don't want to be mean but this family didn't have any manners at all. They ordered so much food and ate with their mouths open, the entire time. It didn't help that they were all terribly over weight and their grooming skills were very lacking as well. But the worst part was when the mom who was sitting next to her 12-14 year old son leaned over and picked a zit off his face, then examined it...closely! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It almost made me vomit! Clay and I just kept saying to each other "Just don't look at them, keep your eye on the cook". When we left the restaurant, we couldn't help but start laughing. It was seriously like a bad movie. We kept looking for the hidden camera's, but there were none. This family was real!
All in all it was a great day! I need to express my deep love for my wonderful husband. He truly is the love of my life. I can't imagine a life without him in it. He is so selfless, caring and mostly a great husband and father. He makes me feel so beautiful and is always telling me what a great mom I am, even though I don't always feel that way. I love you Clay!

5 comments:

Carter Family said...

Happy Anniversary! It's ours today... 15 years! It does seem a long time! :) Congrats guys!

Libby said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great day and that Christmas turned out well also! I've missed a ton of posts. It took me a while to get caught up!

Rachelle said...

Happy Anniversary. Wow 17 and I thought I was doing awesome with my 14 year coming up.

Jill Walker said...

Well if I would have known it was your anniversary I would have said something! Happy Anniversary! I'm glad it was a great day.

Tyler and Karen Davis said...

You guys rule. Happy 17th! That's crazy. So glad that you guys are still tolerating each other. Happy Holidays as well.