Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cousin time!


These are my cute little nieces who have come all the way from Texas to visit with us this week.
Leah is the one in the top picture and Lexi is on the bottom. They are Courtney's (my SIL) twin girls. She also has four more and they were all over on Monday to spend the day and play at our house. We had a blast painting pictures, playing Guess Who and Hyperdash, but when all was said in done this is what they wanted to do the most. Leah loved our treadmill and used it like a slide. She would turn it down low and then ride it down till she fell off the bottom of it. Lexi just wanted to watch her movies on her Ipod.
Clay and Luke spent the day jumping on the tramp, until it started to snow, and playing the Wii.
I tried to get pictures of the older kids but they were to busy playing "texting go seek". You ask what is texting go seek, well it's 2009's way of playing hind and go seek. You see one kid hides while the rest get to go and look for that person. The texting part comes in when the person hiding sends out text messages to everyone, giving them hints to where they are hiding. Cody had a hard time at this game since he was the only one without a cell phone. Poor boy!

During all of this time Courtney and Trent were at BYU where he was giving a lecture. After I had the kids for 6 hours all by myself, thank you, all the other adults joined us for a very yummy dinner. I have a friend that made this salsa for a friends birthday luncheon last week, she was kind enough to give me her recipe and I made it for everyone that night. I paired it with taco meat and all the good topping you have with burritos and it was a huge hit. I also had chips and they used it for a dip as well. It's really easy to make and brings so much flavor to burritos and tacos as well.
We get to spend one more night with our cousins tonight. The kids are going to jump on it with them this afternoon and then we are all meeting up for dinner and then going to Savannah and Brittany's basketball game. They are in the championship tournament right now and every night they keep winning, which means the next night they play again, until they loss. They have been playing in the tournament for over a week now.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I can't believe how big the twins are! How old are they now? Doesn't she have one more younger than the twins?

I am glad you guys had a good visit. That salsa looks so yummy. I may need the recipe.

Libby said...

Hello...that salsa is called cowboy caviar! I have the recipe on my recipe blog and I have written about it a million times on my personal blog. It is how I lost my weight while doing weight watchers. I would use it on everything...especially chicken salad. When ever I am serious about losing weight, I whip up some cowboy caviar and put it on everything that is bland to add flavor. It is great because it is so high in protein and very low in fat! I love that stuff!

How fun to have the cousins over. It is crazy that there are all these new games involving cell phones. What a strange generation our children are growing up in!

Rachelle said...

Salsa looks yummy. Your house is grand central station as always. I actually think the texting hide and seek game may be the best texting use I have heard of yet.