Thursday, August 20, 2009

First day of School

It's the most wonderful time of the year, that would be the first day back to school! Because I have five children in three different schools we have three different schedules in the morning now. Jessica is my first one to leave. School starts at 7:45 on A days and at 6:00 on B days (that is because of early morning seminary). Jessica decided this year she wanted to transfer over to American Fork High School. She has never liked going to Lone Peak and she was tired of all the drama over there, so we switched her over to A.F.
This was bright and early this morning before she took off for her first day of her senor year.
This is Jessica with "Best Friend". Her name is actually Kaylie, but Jess just calls her best friends and so do we!
After Jess left the rest of the kids spent their morning packing their lunches and getting everything ready for their first day back to school. I love this picture because Luke was so excited to be able to pack his lunch for the first time.
Savannah looking very cute for her first day back, now a big 8th grader!

Britt was up all night trying to find the perfect outfit to wear for her first day as a 9th grader.

Best friends and sister, could they be any cuter?

Cody and Luke were the last ones to leave this morning. Cody didn't even want me to walk them into the school this morning, but because it was Luke's first day of all day school, I felt the need to make sure he got to the right place and new where to line up. ( I know, I'm crazy. I'm so excited to get rid of them, but I'm so over protective of them).
After walking into the front doors of the school, Cody took off and I couldn't find him again. But Luke let me walk him out to the play ground and I was able to get this last picture, right before he had to line up to walk into his class.

I'm officially free now for an entire 6 hours everyday. I have to admit I was nervous for Luke, wondering if he would be able to find his lunch, wondering if he was going to fall asleep in class after lunch, would he be able to find his friends (the ones that were not in his class). But when I picked him up after school got out he just talked my ear off about how much he loved it and he was so excited to go back tomorrow.
I spent my day with my girlfriend Stephanie and we went and got ourselves pedicures and had lunch together. It was so fun and so nice not having to worry about getting back at a certain time. I have a feeling I'm going to love this new life of mine!
All the rest of the kids had great days as well, except Brittany. She didn't get any classes with any of her friends and she explained how she tried to make new friends, but the girls were really snotty and the boys asked her if she was a cheerleader or on the soccer team. When she explained she wasn't involved with any of those two things, she said they ignored her the rest of the time. I asked her is she wanted to changed the classes but she already looked into it and all the classes she needs to take are all full. She then informed me she is thinking about going to A.F. next year and not Lone Peak. I tell you I'm starting to really wonder about this school. What is up with all these snotty arrogant kids around here???? Oh well, I've already spent too much time complaining about this problem.
Besides that it was a great day and I'm excited for my kids and the great year they will all have.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh, poor Brit! I am so sad they were so rude to her. All the girls look so cute for their first day. I don't think it would be a bad thing to move Brit especially since Jess is there.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better for her.

Rachelle said...

I feel bad for Brit too. Grrr. Doesn't that just bring out the Mama Bear in you or Aunt?

I was laughing at your list of worries about Luke. We do fret over crazy things don't we.

Yay for your fun day.

Libby said...

This makes my heart ache for Brit! She is such a sweet girl...I just love her! It breaks my heart that her highschool is starting off hard. I hope it gets better for her! Jack had a rough first week too. I know how it feels.

So what ARE you going to do with all your free time? How exciting for you!!

Beck said...

the kids all looked gorgeous (the boys handsome.. I loved lukes picture). Just tell brit they asked if she was a cheerleader because they could not comprehend that someone so cute and fun couldn't possibly NOT be one. Don't worry it will make her all the more stronger as a person to tough it out this year at least. She might find a special friend sometimes it just takes time.