Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Brittany's hike

Brittany's Mia maids class got up last Saturday morning at 2:00 am and hiked Mt. Timpanogas so they could see the sun rise. Her leader thought this would be a good bonding time for the girls and I think it might of worked. Brittany had a fun time and even ran into a moose along the way.
The money shot, Mt. Timp at sunrise!

I was sad that Brittany took off her forehead flashlight in all the pictures!

Our Mia maids and leader group shot. (The guy is one of the dads) Brittany is in the back next to the girl in the red jacket.

Last shot of the girls on the top of the mountain, before their long hike down.


Brittany got home around 10 the next morning and went straight to bed. I'm so thankful there are moms out there that are willing to give up a nights sleep to do such fun things with these girls. I think I'm just too old to be hiking a mountain while I could be sleeping!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Hey I hope you don't mind that I copied your notes and put it on my blog. Since you are private I can't send them your way. I thought your notes really should be passed on.

THis is the best activity every.

Libby said...

I have always wanted to do that hike and watch the sunrise. I have heard of that before. So fun for Britt! She is just so cute! I love her.

The bishops comments are so good! It is so amazing that he takes this subject serious enough to speak on it twice. Every ward and stake could benefit from hearing a similar talk!