Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween

Halloween is going to be posted in parts because not all my kids were around for me to be able to photograph them all at the same time. Here is Brittany this morning dressing up so cute for school. I'm so proud of my girls for going to school dressed up and showing that they actually have a fun personality. They told me most kids wont dress up because they don't want to look dumb in front of the other sex. I told them it will show the boys that you're actually fun and not all stiff and worried about impressing others.
Savannah spent the night at a friends last night so that they could get ready all together. I'll post her pictures later.
Cody went as "Death". This was taken during the parade at the school this morning. Cody wanted me to paint his face black, but I had to explain to him that the school would of sent him home if he showed up with his face painted black. He didn't understand that it was offensive to a certain race if he painted his face black. He then said "what if you paint my face black and my eyes white"? I then explained that that was worse. He compromised on having his face painted white with his eyes black.
Luke is really bat man this year for Halloween but didn't feel like wearing that costume all day at school. So after explaining to him that I wasn't going to buy another costume just for him to wear to school, he came up with being a person who had been attacked by a monster. I went into his closet to find an old shirt and found one of his Ute shirts. That's when I had a great idea. We put claw marks across the shirt and some across his face with blood (red food color) all over the shirt. I told him to tell everyone he was attached by a "cougar". Pretty funny huh? I wanted to write on the back, "this is what happens to a Ute who lives in Utah Co.", but Clay thought that might offend people, so I didn't. But at the parade it got a few laughs from the parents, so I knew they got it.
After the parade I went to Luke's class for his Halloween party. They played Halloween bingo first.
Then they had a doughnut eating contest.


Last, they made Frankenstein out of green balloons. I thought this was such a great idea, and the kids loved it!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

That balloon frankenstien is such a cute idea! I will have to remember that one.

Britt looks so cute! I love that she dressed up. Luke is a crack up with that costume.

I had lunch right next to that guy at magelby's but couldn't remember his name. NOw I can tell JAson who is was.

Libby said...

The balloon idea really IS super cute. I will have to remember that one.

Rachelle said...

I love the Ute shirt! Why does Cody look so much older as death. He looks tall. Is he really that tall now?

Reynolds Family said...

Asher loved that balloon so much that Emma gave it to him and he still has it in his room and goes in there to play with it. How random is that?