Thursday, September 22, 2011

Arriving in Parkes

Clay had these pictures of Jessica and I arriving in Parkes.  Please remember we had just flown from Salt Lake City, Utah to Australia. It's about a 18 hour trip all together and we had three plane changes along the way. This plane is the last one we take from Sydney to Parkes.


I wish my eyes weren't closed in this pictures, but it was the only close one he got of the two of us! I can tell you we were so happy to finally be home!

So, the first weekend home we had Cody's grand final rugby game.  I woke up early to make a big breakfast for Cody and the rest of the family. Clay told me that while I was gone they basically were slowly starving to death cause the girls didn't cooked very much!  Before I could even get breakfast in the oven the power went out. Clay called the power company and they informed us that this was a scheduled power out and that we should of been notified by mail about it. Well, we were not notified about it and the power wasn't scheduled to come back on for another 6 hours! So Clay took off for McDonald's to get us all breakfast and I had to find a unique way to dry and style my hair for the day!

Yep, that is me sitting in front of the fire. It took me a 1/2 hour of sitting there for my hair to dry, but it actually worked and my hair turned out great! 

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

The hair pic is so funny. I am glad you are home safely.