Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cody's guitar lesson

Cody has been asking me since he was about three years old if he could get his own guitar and take lessons. I told him when he was old enough he could start. He started taking piano about a year ago and has done really well with it, so for Christmas last year we surprised him with a guitar and informed him he was signed up to start lessons in January. I have never been to any of his guitar lesson so last week I decided to sit in on one. I couldn't resist video taping him during it because I was so pleased with his progress. Ok, so maybe he is no Keith Urban yet (for those of you who don't know who he is, he is a country singer who plays the piano, guitar and sings. If you want to hear his best song download "who wouldn't want to be me"!) but someday he will be just as good, maybe even better. I told Clay that he was in charge of developing his talent in sports and I would develop his musical talents. Together, there won't be a girl alive that will be able to resist him! Plus he is just dang good looking! Of course he wont be interested in girls until he gets home from his mission, so no worries for a while!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

How cute is that!! He is getting good. I need to find something that BLake will be interested in. They have to start taking something. Good luck with the no girls till after his mission. Doubt that will happen.

I wish you would have shown his teacher. He sounds like some hillbilly that I would love to see what he looks like!

Stephanie said...

He is, lets say... interesting. He looks like a truck driver, with some missing teeth and a big gut, but he is a great teacher and Cody has a lot of fun with him every week!

Libby said...

He looks so tiny behind that guitar! He really is such a cute boy Steph! Good luck with that one because there is no way the girls will stay away until after his mission.

I love that the teacher is singing along to the lesson. That is so hilarious. How Cody knows what the crap the teacher is talking about is beyond me. I couldn't tell when he was singing and when he was teaching. He sang the notes Cody needed to play.

Libby said...

PS-three more days! Hee hee, I am giddy!!!

Rachelle said...

That is awesome. I love those boys and their music. Isaac wants to start guitar too but he is loving violin with Becky. He finaly figured piano out. He even composed a whole stanza for his band he keeps talking about starting. Hee Hee. I have yet to see this band.

You know that is how Tom really reeled me in -- his awesome paino skills.