Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Luke!!

It's hard for me to believe but my baby just turned 6 on Tuesday the 22nd. I thought this birthday would not be to exciting for Luke this year because my three older girls were gone at girls camp all week and my husband, Clay in Denver all week for business. Luke had a big friends birthday party last year and I only let the kids have a friends birthday party every other year. So it was going to be a very small birthday for poor Luke. But when my sister Libby heard that almost my entire family would be gone this week, she called and said she was coming up to stay with us and that she would be here for Luke's birthday. Luke was so excited because he loves being around Libby's oldest son Jack.
My other sister Melinda said that she would come and hang out with us for Luke's birthday as well. We decided to take all the kids to Liberty Land for his birthday. This place is like Boondocks, but for little kids. It was so hot but thankfully they had some shade and fans blowing with misters, which we sat infront of almost the entire time.
Luke and Cameron on the go-carts
Their first accident!
All the kids on the rollercoaster
Luke, Cameron, Olivia, and Jack on the bumper boats
Jack, Luke, Cody and Cameron



Luke, Cameron and Cody racing the cars
Luke blowing out his candles My mom, Clay's mother Susan, Libby and the kids
One of the many guns Luke received on his birthday
Aunt Chelsey is always there to help out with everything!
More guns!

This is when the fun really began. We had to untwist all of those aweful twisty ties they put on all the toys now! Who in the world came up with those things! What a pain!

By the end of the day we were completely wiped out from all the party festivities, the heat and all the kids! Thanks to my family for coming and helping Luke have a great birthday!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

It was a fun and blasted hot day! I am glad we could come and help him feel special. When does every one get back?

Stephanie said...

They all just got home this morning! My home is complete again!

Libby said...

I'm so glad we finally got to come up after thinking about it all summer long! It was really funny and you were so sweet to host us.

I'm glad you have your family back finally. I hope they all had fun!

Rachelle said...

Steph, no new post, so I am responding to your comment on my blog. I am seriously jealous that you even have enough places to go around you to warrant such a cool coupon book. I have been wanting to take my kids to Antelope Island. I have never been there either and I am curious to see what it is like. Have a fun final couple of weeks.

Chelsey said...

Um, so how come I'm making the bitter beer face?