Monday, August 25, 2008

Where do I begin?

I am so far behind this week, but I'll try to catch up on everything that happened last week.
It was Cody's (3rd grade), Brittany's(8th), and Jessica's(11th) first day of school last Monday. Cody was so excited to get back to school and to see all of his "school friends" that he had not seen all summer.



Brittany loved going back to her Jr. High School and she told me her first day as an 8th grader was so much better than her first day as a 7th grader. She knew a lot more kids this year and she didn't end up eating lunch by herself, like last year.
I didn't get a chance to take a picture of Jessica before she left for school. She has to leave so early and I didn't even get a chance to see her before she took off that morning.


On Sunday Lacy and Susan (my SIL and MIL) came over for Sunday dinner. We miss having Lacy and her husband Jason over on Sunday's for dinner ever since they moved to Texas. Lacy was in town visiting the Utah crew and we were so excited to see her son Riely, who we haven't seen since he was a month old. He is now six months old. Cody loves Riely and never pass on opportunity by to hold him. He is always asking me for another baby brother (thanks Lacy), but that isn't going to be happening! I feel bad that I'm not more emotionally strong so that I could have another child. But five was my limit. Someday he'll understand that.

Cody had his first football game on Saturday. He is on the Highland Knights team. We played the Alpine Knights who are supposed to be the best team in the league. And the team that we lost to last year during the finals. When we first arrived the other team was already warming up and looked so professional, I was starting to get really worried we were going to get our bottoms kicked! But in the first quarter their teamed fumbled the ball on their 10 yard line, right when we thought they were going to score. On the next play one of our boys ran it 70 yards for our first touchdown. We scored again and at half time the score was 13-0. Cody couldn't wait to run over to me on the side lines to tell me the score. I of course reminded him that he needed to focus on the game and not on the score, but inside I was just as excited as he was. We won the game with the same score and I have to admit I was bitting my nails the entire game. It's so much more competitive than any other sports my kids have played. But it's really fun and I can't wait until next week for our next game. Cody plays both offense and defense and is almost always on the field. At first I was concerend because he was never getting a chance to rest and get water. But he told me at half time that he was having so much fun he didn't even realize he was thirsty and he never felt tired. Clay is the Defensive coach so he is allowed to be on the field with the boys. He told me that at first when he was on the field when he saw the other teams offense line up he started to get ready to tackle them and then had to remind himself that he was the coach and couldn't do that. I told him that would of made a great story on the news "235 pound coach tackles 75 pound boy".
He really is loving it and couldn't believe how much Cody reminded him of his brother Cody. He told me he even runs like Cody. I could tell Clay was on cloud nine that morning!

After the football game Kym (my SIL) and her husband Martin invited us out for a day on the lake. Now, my kids have never been water skiing before and were so excited to give it a try. Martin was so patient with all the kids and by the end of the day all the kids were wake boarding.


Even Clay had to get in on the action. Even though he is paying for it now, he is so sore!





Poor Clay, he is so big in the shoulders that none of the life vests would fit him. And yes, he is going to kill me for putting this on!
Luke was very worried about there being sharks in the lake. And it took him so time before he would really believe us and actually got in to swim. And with Clay's help he even took a spin around on the wake board.

After all the water fun Martin let the boys take over at the wheel. Kym was not happy when Martin stepped out of the way so that I could take this picture of Cody driving the boat. Yes, he really is driving right then!
We are all really happy for Kym, she is pregnant and due in January. This is her first child and it's a girl!!! Kym has been waiting so long for her prince charming and last November she finally got him and not to long after that she got pregnant. We couldn't be more happy for her and it's so great to see her so happy as well. Kym was our official flag girl and had to use her sun dress as the flag because we lost the real one. She even got out there and surfed while she is pregnant. Way to go Kym!


The thing the kids enjoyed the most was just swimming when ever we stopped the boat. We were at Utah Lake and you can tell from the pictures it's a totally gross lake. I wouldn't even get in it!



2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Sounds like you had a fun week. Also, I do not think you should feel guilty for not wanting a sixth child. Your own Mom told me I shouldn't feel guilted into running out and adopting or having another kid.
What fun water skiing. I can't take our kids water skiing someday.

Libby said...

Nice catch up! The lake sounds like so much fun even though it was totally gross. I would love to go on a big Lake Mead trip like our family used to when we were kids. That would be so much fun!!

Cody's game sounds intense! I don't know if I can let Jack play football. Hopefully I can steer him in the direction of the "safer" sports because I am a wimp. Of course he will probably be determined and have a mind of his own and nothing I say will deter him.

I'm glad the kids got off to school well!