Monday, September 8, 2008

Homecoming fun!

Alright, I know it's been a while since I updated my blog. To those that have been bugging me about this, I'm sorry. It's seems like my life has been thrown into fast forward and I can't seem to keep my days, or weeks for that matter straight.
I have been very busy trying to get things started and organized in scouts, being Luke's room mom, football, guitar and piano practice, young women's, carpool, homework and keeping my house clean.
We had a reginal conference on Sunday and when we got home, there was a little surprise waiting for Jessica up in her bedroom. It's hard to tell from this picture but there are hundreds of Hersey Kisses all over her bedroom. Then there was this note on her bed on this piece of plastic paper that said..."Dear Beautiful, I hid a book somewhere downstairs for you"


She found the book down in our office and it's the Jane Austen book of seven novels, which includes Pride and Prejudice, her favorite!

Inside the book was a note that said "Love, Tyler". We were all very confused because we knew he was asking her to Homecoming, but what an odd way to do it. Then Jessica noticed on the top of the plastic paper was a page number. She turned to that page in the book and it was the part in Pride and Prejudice where Mr. Darcy asks Miss Bennet to dance. Well when you line the paper up perfectly the part that he highlighted in green read....."Do not you feel a great inclination, Miss Collins, (he wrote in Collins on the plastic paper) to seize such an opportunity of dancing a reel?"
I have to say that we were all so impressed with Tyler's creativity and after talking to his mom she told me he came up with it all on his own and even had to search for hours on the internet to find this line in the book that he could use to ask her.
Jess took her book to school the next day and all her friends just about died they were so jealous of the way he asked her. Her other friends got balloons in their rooms that had the guys name inside telling them who was asking them. Boring!
Anyways, with the help of Aunt Chelsea we came up with a fun way to respond to Tyler. We had to keep the Pride and Predudice theme so we decided to send him on a savenger hunt looking for clues to her anwser.
This was the first clue- on the outside of the box it reads..."Mr. Balkman". When you open the box a mouse jumps out on you, hopefully scaring him to death! Ha Ha
Then he must find the clue inside the box. This clue reads..."My dear, would you be so inclined to fetch the mail for me?"

Then he must go to his mail box where he will find this letter that says..."Will you accompany me for a stroll about the park?"

That is where he will find this sign taped to the jungle gym that says..."One might want to look about the suite of the younger Miss Balkman to find the written word of Tess of the Durbervilles."

This is a fake book that we have that when you open it it's hallow and we put the remote to his DVD player in it.

When he finds the remote he finds the last clue that reads..."Press play to see a pre-inactment of the 27th day of September two thousand and eight in the year of our Lord. Post Script, do me the pleasure of only partaking in a minute of such theatrics."

We set up the DVD in his theather room so that the movie was in the spot when Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth were dancing together.

While Jess and I were running around the neighborhood doing this fun activity, Clay sent me this picture of Cody to my phone. Clay is driving me crazy right now because he wants a motorcycle. (Yes, Rob thanks to you!) He knows how I feel about this, but as you can see, he doesn't care! He even has Cody in on it!! He swears he wont buy on right now, but I'm just waiting for the day when he pulls up in one! By the way that is a $400 jacket Cody is wearing and he came home telling me how badly he wanted it! In your dreams son!


4 comments:

Libby said...

A whole post just about Jess! How fun! She looks so cute and happy. I am excited for her! What a darling boy to think up all of that on his own. I would have been jealous too if I were her friends. So fun.

Rachelle said...

Ok that boy of Jess'sis just awesome. Boys and their toys. Why do they always have to be dangerous and expensive?

Melinda said...

This is so cute and fun! I can't beleive he came up with that all on his own! Very impressive. I want to see pictures of them before the dance. I want to see what this Tyler looks like. How is Zach taking the news she's taken?

Tyler and Karen Davis said...

This guy is living well up to his name.