Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Savannah, yes Savannah started flag football this week. She is only one of two girls on her team, and the other girl is their quarterback. Savannah had an amazing catch during this game that of course I didn't get video of, but beleive me when I say, it was awesome!
I forgot to post this picture last time so here it is now. This is Sister Webb my chorister for this amazing choir that I'm participating in. She is truely one of the most amazing women I have had the chance of meeting. She is so happy, energetic and so positive, I wish she could bottle it and give some to me. Sister Webb not only taught us how to sing wonderfully, she also taught us how to strengthen our testimonies and in the process become closer to our Savior. Every week she would start off our practice by saying "I have a gift for all of you", she would then chant this hawaiian song (she lived there in Hawaii for quite a while and taught school there) in Hawaiian, that when translated said that we are beautiful women who can do anything. We can climb mountains, but the Lord has a higher mountain for us to climb. We are promised love and help from our Heavenly Father if we remember him. Then she would say to us "You are the precious adornment worn around the next of your anncestors".

She always told us "Dont be sad that it is over, be happy that it happened". I now think of this often when little things happen in my life, especially with my kids.

She taught us that the most important word in the English language is "remember". She asked us "would a couple divorce if they remembered how in love they were with each other in the beginning?" "Would we be mean to others, if we remembered how it felt when someone did something nice for us?" "Would we forget to pray or read our scriptures or attend the temple, if we remembered what our Savior did for us?"

She told us that the most important goal in this life is to realize who we are before we remember! I have learned so much from her and feel so blessed that I was able to meet and be apart of her life. Something I just found out about her is she has never been married and has no children. She told us that she knew she had a different mission for her life and that she was going to make the most of it! Amazing!
Tonight, our wonderful neighbor came over and gave Luke the thrill of his life. I was inside when Luke came running in, completely out of breath, yelling for me to come outside. Not knowing what was going on, I went outside to see Brother Platt (our neighbor) on his motorcycle asking me if he could give Luke a ride. I ran back inside to grab the camera and got back in time to get one picture.


The video isn't very good thanks to the sun being in the worst position possible. If this would of happened five minutes later the sun would of been behind the houses, oh well!






Brother Platt just returned to work after being in a terrible accident the first of this year. He T-boned another car and shattered his leg, loosing a lot of blood and almost dying. He is one of the most funny guys in our ward and Luke and his son CJ are in the same kindergarten class.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Yeah for Savannah. Rebecca was just asking if girls ever played football and now I can tell her Savannah is playing. I love that thing about remembering. Sometimes it is so hard to remember the important things.

Melinda said...

That almost didn't look like savannah. When did she grow out her bangs? She looks awfully cute!

How fun for Luke. My neighbor has a harley that he takes the kids for a ride on and they think it is so cool.

I love when she said about remembering. It is all so very true! I am trying to find tickets but it isn't looking good!

Carter Family said...

Stephanie! I saw you last night at the Broadcast. You sounded so wonderful! I was really watching to see you... and the camera stayed on you for a long time. I was so excited to see you, I exclaimed out loud... to everyone around me... there's my friend Stephanie! YOu looked so beautiful. I liked hearing your background on the director. The camera zoomed in on her when she was conducting... she did look like a very energetic person. what an amazing experience you were able to have!