Sunday, September 28, 2008

Choir, Homecoming and Football

I know that I sound like a broken record when I say we had another huge weekend, but this one I think takes the cake! It started with Cody's big football game. We have been waiting to play this team all season because this team is the team we played in the championship last year and lost to. Now Cody was not on the team last year but both team have almost the exact same players and the same coaches. Clay and Cody spent the early morning watching the rival teams films and learning who their big players were and who Cody had to keep his eye on during the game. The funny part about this other team is they are from Cedar Hills. This is the city we used to live in, the last time we lived in Utah and these boys are all of Cody's old friends from preschool.
When we got to the field we found out two of our biggest and best blockers on offence were not in town and wouldn't be at the game. So it would be pretty much up to Cody on the offence side. Now defense, which Cody's plays as well is where Cody is strong and he pretty much took care of everything and stopped this team from scoring the entire game.
By the end, the score was 7-0, we had won! It was so much fun and stressful, I couldn't stay in my seat the entire game.
In the first video is a great tackle made by Cody. He is number 42!


I thought this video is funny. cody really isn't doing anything in it, but decides anyways to knock a guy over, just for the fun of it.






After the game we took the kids and my MIL out to lunch for a celebration for Cody's great game and Savannah's as well. I don't have any pictures of it, but Savannah during her game (flag football) caught and interceped a pass in the other teams end zone and ran it all the way back for a touch down.
When we got back I had to hurry and get ready for my big night of singing in the General Relief Society Choir. We had to be at the Conference Center by two for rehearsal and camera checks. We practiced for two hours and then they took us back in the back room of the Conference Center for a light lunch. We were able to touch up our makeup and hair and then it was off for the big performance. The Conference Center was packed full and it was such an incrediable experience to be there, so close to the prophet, and to participate in this choir.
By the time it was over, we headed back to our back room, got our belonging and that is when I checked my cell phone. I had over ten messages from Clay telling me ever time the camera had been on me. I was so embarrassed, you don't don't have a clue where the camera is or if or when it is on you. But they did tell us that the camera finds faces and sticks to those. I guess I happened to be one of those faces. Clay called to tell me that my SIL's in Texas were watching it from thier stake center and were having some technical difficulties but when the picture came back on it was right during my close up! How terrible! Oh well, it was so much fun I don't even care!

While I was at the broadcast Jessica was having her first date for Homecoming. Yes, I had to miss my babies first big date! But thankfully she had her wonderful aunt Chelsey there to help her with her hair and makeup and she did a wonderful job cause Jess looked beautiful.
Thankfully Clay took tons of pictures and video so I'll put a few on for all to see





Jessica pinning the flower on Tyler

Chelsey pinning the flower on Tyler!



Jessica pretending she pinned the flower on Tyler!






Jess showing off her flower. Didn't he do such a great job picking the flower? I was so impressed!


The happy couple!

The happy couple sick of taking pictures!


The very happy couple because Clay said they could take his car!






Tyler being a gentleman

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Yes, I saw all of your close-ups and it was amazing. You looked so sweet and beautiful. I was really jealous I could not be at the conference but it was a very uplifting experience. I balled when all the women were singing. What a powerful testament of womanhood.

Melinda said...

Oh, I am so sad you had to miss this! Jess looks beautiful! Ash says she loves her dress.

It was quite overwhelming to hear all of you singing. It was very powerful. ANd then when the whole congregations sang? Holy cow, that was amazing. I am so glad I got to go up and see you sing. I emailed you all of the pictures I took.

Clay is quite the dad to offer his car to Tyler!

Libby said...

Those are such cute videos of Jess getting ready for homecoming. I love her flower. That is so much cuter than the old lady crosages we wore when we were that age.

Conference was so amazing! The choir sounded beautiful and I cried a lot during it too. The whole experience was so awesome!