Monday, November 10, 2008

Well I can't say I'm sad this last week is over and done with. Clay hardly travels for his work, so I really shouldn't complain to much, but he was gone all last week in Canada. I was sick with a cold that I thought was the flu, since I was all achy and really weak, but my doctor told me that those are all the signs of just a cold. I had to go back to the doctors because my ulcer isn't healing like I thought it would. I found out that my ulcer was caused because I take Excedrin for my migraines, a lot of Excedrin. When she told me I couldn't take it any more I had to go around and find all of the places I keep it so that I could throw it all out. Here is where I found it all...my car, my purse, my night stand, my medicine cabinet and my bathroom cabinet.
Towards the end of the week Cody started getting a cold and a terrible cough. I kept him home for only one day because he seemed to be getting better. On Saturday he started to feel warm so we gave him some Motrin and thought that would be good enough. But on Sunday he was really bad and Clay decided to call a neighbor to help him give Cody a blessing. Thankfully this neighbor is also a doctor so when he came over he examined Cody and told us he had a pretty nasty case of Strep. He called in a prescription and we were able to start Cody on Antibiotics that night.
Thankfully no one else is sick, yet, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I got a call from Jessica's boyfriends mother on Friday afternoon. It seems that the two love birds left school early and went back to Tyler's home. No one was there at the time. When his mother got home she saw the car in the drive way so she took off her shoes, so that she could walk around the house quietly, to see where the kids were. Now we have rules that they are not allowed in either house when no one is there, we also have rules that they are not allowed in each others bedroom at any time. So Debra (Tyler's mom) wanted to see if the kids were breaking any rules. Now she didn't know if Jessica was there or not. She tip toed around the house and went downstairs to Tyler's room to find Jessica and Tyler lying on his bed making out!!! She freaked out and yelled at the two of them for some time, I hear. She called me and told me what happened and I got Jessica home and told her to kiss her life goodbye for a few weeks because she was grounded. I had to call Clay while he was in Canada and tell him what happened. It's always so fun to be the only parent around when you have to punish your children. Clay sent Jess a text message telling her she was grounded and how disappointed he was in her. But I still had to be the bad guy in person, and had to deal with all the drama! I have to admit she wasn't to bad about the whole thing. She was really pleasant to be with this weekend and it was nice to do stuff with just the family on Saturday instead of always having Tyler taking her attention away from us.
We took the kids to see Madagascar 2 on Saturday. It's really funny for the first part of the movie then it dies down at bit. Clay leaned over during the movie and asked me if this movie had any kind of story line to it. I told him it really didn't, it just kind of goes with the flow. But it made me laugh a few times, so I don't call it a complete failure.
I can't wait for two more weeks because that is when Twilight comes out. If you couldn't guess, I'm really excited about this movie!
Clay and I decided were going to Cedar City for Thanksgiving. Well actually we are going to stay with my sister and her family in St. George, but will be spending Thanksgiving day with my parents in Cedar. This should be really fun since all my brothers and sisters will be there that weekend. Hopefully the weather will be nice and maybe we can do some fun stuff outdoors while we are there. We have a lot of grandchildren and it gets pretty crazy when we all get stuck inside all day! But we already have it planned out for all the adult girls to go out one night to see Australia, the movie with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman (I love this guy). If you haven't seen the trailers for this movie yet, it looks really good!!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

NO WAY! Holy cow I would have been freaking out. So is Tyler grounded also?

No one really wants to see the movie so I am not pushing to go see it. Thank goodness for that one.

Libby said...

Ah...so that is why she is grounded. I chatted with her on Facebook for a while and she said she is grounded but didn't say why. How scary to be in that stage with your daughter. Ugh. I am going to go crazy when my girls are that age.

Well I am out of the loop on the whole Australia thing. Sounds fun though. I'm in!

Make sure and bring all your guys' swim suits when you come down. We will have to go hot tubing one night! I can't wait!

Carter Family said...

Oh my goodness! I am so worried to be a parent of a teenager! :) Your ulcer really worries me... because I take excedrin like no other for my migraines... I'm actually on a prescription called Midrin now, so hopefully that won't have the same effect. But, I feel like I'm getting an ulcer! Too much stress and too many headaches! :)

Rachelle said...

I am sure the incident with Jess did not help your ulcer one bit. Way to go for Tyler's mom. Seriously, this is so hard. I just can't believe they skipped school and didn't think they would get caught. Its a good thing teenagers are not as sneaky as they think and that parents are smart and remember what its like to be a teenager. Good luck!
Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. Maybe Cody can spend the night one night.