Friday, December 19, 2008

Luke's kindergarten Christmas party

Today started off so terrible, first I woke up to find my walls covered in some kind of sticky clear drink. I asked Cody what it was and he told me that Jessica and Tyler had chased him around the house last night, while we were gone at the Temple, squirting him with juice boxes. It was everywhere, and I could only imagine where it was that I couldn't see with my eyes. Jessica had stayed home from school "sick" so I went to her room and asked her what happened. She told me the same story, except that Cody was involved in the squirting as well. I was so mad that my eldest daughter and her 18 year old boyfriend would do something so stupid. She got mad at me for yelling at her and stormed off to clean up the mess. After sort of cleaning it up she got dressed and started to walk to school. Clay got in the car and took off after her but she refused to get in the car. A few minutes later my relief society president called to tell me she saw Jess walking to school and pulled over and gave her a ride. So I win the most terrible parent in the world award today. During all of this Luke decided he didn't want to get ready for school, so after asking him 20 plus times to get ready I just gave up. When his ride came to get him I told them he wasn't going and that is when Luke exploded. He threw the worlds biggest tantrum, screaming and yelling and slamming doors. It was a great morning. Thankfully Clay was home during all of this so I had him to lean on during the whole morning mess. Clay got Luke ready and took him to school just in time for him to make the Christmas program they were singing in. Luke found his class and was able to go up on stage and sing his Christmas music.

After that I had Luke's class Christmas party. I'm the room mother for his class so it was my responsibility to put this party together. I was able to find a Santa suit from one of my neighbors and my wonderful husband agreed to play Santa for our party. Here is Clay walking in to the party. The kids eyes just about popped out of their sockets when they saw him walk in.

During the party we split the kids up into groups of six. The first thing they did was to decorate gingerbread men.

Then they played some Christmas bingo.



I didn't get a picture of the next station and that was our craft time. We had them make a reindeer out of a lunch sack.

Here is Luke sitting on Santa lap. He told me that he thought Santa looked like his dad. "They both have brown eyes" he said.

Here is the whole class right before Santa had to leave the party.

The best part was when Clay left the room, the entire class followed him out the door (the outside door). They wanted to see if he came in his sleigh and they wanted to see the reindeer. The rest of the school was outside for recess and they all ran to see Clay. Because the kindergarten rooms are separate from the rest of the school the rest of the school couldn't get to close because they was a fence around them. They started chanting "Santa, Santa, Santa". It was so cute, Clay was a total star for all of this. He later told me that he had to stop and say hello to some kids that were getting dropped off for afternoon kindergarten.

After the party we met up with my brother Tom who was in town for the day on business. We met him for lunch at JCW's, of course. We showed him the pictures of Clay playing Santa and he said that it looked like "Santa was using just for men on his eyebrow's only." If you look closely at the pictures, Clay's dark eyebrows are sticking out over his white hair and beard.

So even though it started off being a pretty terrible day, it ended with a great party and spending lunch with family.

4 comments:

Libby said...

Clay kinda looks like the Santa in the polar express movie. He's the Tom Hanks version of Santa!

I'm glad your day ended on a good note. Thanks for the early call today!

Melinda said...

This is seriously so fun. Clay had to been like a rock star that day walking around like santa. The only tip off that he could not be the real one is that he is too thin!

I am so glad the day ended better for you. I think I would have gone nuts with the juice all over the walls.

Rachelle said...

Ok first off what is up with Jess squirting juice boxes, making a mess and making you look like the bad guy. Wow. I would have been livid too. I'm glad Clay saved the day and was a great Santa.

My husband is really kind of funny sometimes.

Jill Walker said...

I hope you have a great Christmas and I hope your new year brings you less trips to the doctor and hospital and that you find lots of peace and joy!