Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Catching up!

I have to wonder if it is possible for a child to be born a "Casanova"? My little Luke is such a ladies man, and has been since a very young age. It all started in preschool, he would come home from school and tell me all about this little girl named Soffie. He would tell me how cute she looked, how he liked the ribbon she wore in her hair. And then I found out from her mother that Luke was telling Soffie how cute she looked and how cute her hair looked with a ribbon in it. I couldn't believe he would say those kinds of things to a girl and such a young age. The funny thing is Luke was terribly shy at that age. He would hardly talk to my parents or anyone else he didn't feel comfortable with.




This was Luke at his preschool graduation with Soffie. As you can see he wasn't the bit shy about putting his arm around her to take this photo.


Well, things haven't changed much, for Luke in Kindergarten. Luke came into the house last week and announced to Jessica that he was "dumping Brinley". Now Brinley is the girl that lives next door to us. All summer long she was attached to Luke at the hip. They loved to jump on the trampoline together, well actually she would push Luke down on the tramp, straddle him and then kiss him. They would hold hands and Luke told everyone that Brinley was his girlfriend. Well that summer romance didn't last too long, because as soon as school started is when Emma came into the picture. Emma is a cute girl that is in our ward and in Luke's kindergarten class. They instantly became friends and Emma spent a lot of time over at our house. Now, Brinley didn't like this one bit and the word on the street was she hated Emma. So when Luke came into the house announcing that he dumped Brinley, we weren't too surprised. What did surprise us was what he said next. He said "that means I'm breaking up with her, because Emma is my girlfriend now". Like we didn't know that dumping a girl means breaking up with her!

This is Luke with cute little Emma. Emma's mom told me that Emma tells her all the time that her name is Emma Collins. I just noticed how much Emma and Soffie look alike! And Luke still knows how to charm the girls. I was told by another mom in Luke's class that he is always complementing Emma on how cute she looks. That's my boy!! I'm just nervous about his teenage years.


Well, this weekend, we headed down to So. Utah for a little break from all the snow and smog. On Saturday, we went to St. George to spend the day with my sister Libby and her family. It felt so warm, even though it was only 65 degrees. And it was nice to actually see the sun! We ate lunch at Red Robins, hit Costco and let the kids play at Libby's house while the adults had a chance to chat with each other.

On Sunday, we had everyone over at my parents house for dinner. The adults got to play a fun game of Bunches and Runs, Tom ended up winning, while the older kids took all the younger kids and kept them out of our hair for a few hours. While we were getting dinner ready I had a little accident with a knife while cutting a pineapple. I ended up cutting off the corner tip of my middle finger. At first I didn't think it was that bad, but later on that night, when we couldn't get it to stop bleeding, I knew it was worse than I first thought.





My mother bandaged it up with so much gauge that night, it looked like a hammer head shark on the end of my finger. When I woke up the next morning I had completely soaked though all the gauge she has put on my finger and that is when I knew it was time to see a doctor.
I look so trashed in this photo! I didn't sleep at all the night before thanks to my throbbing finger and didn't even shower before going to the doctors.
But it all wasn't bad, Brittany and Savannah had fun playing games on Nana's computer.

Cody and Nana played a lot of card games.

And Luke enjoyed watching his favorite TV shows with Nana's "TV Ears".


When we arrived home we found out that my SIL Kym was in labor and at the hospital. She has been trying to have her baby for a week now and kept getting sent home from the hospital. This time it was for real and at 1:30 a.m. January 21st. she welcomed her first daughter into the world. This is something that is so incredible because Kym is 41 years old and this is her first baby. They still haven't named her yet, so right know it is baby girl Fry. I'll post again when they finally pick a name. Her baby is so adorable and reminds me of my Savannah. She has tons of dark hair, dark eyes and chubby cheeks. From the time I had my first baby I always said my kids looked more like they belonged to Kym then they did me. Clay came with me to the hospital to visit Kym and the new baby, which probably wasn't the best idea since he left wanting me to have another one!!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

How many times have I talked to you and you forgot the finger and now Kym?? I am glad everything is well with her. You will have to post pictures when she gets a name.

I forgot to tell that I am REALLY loving those good night pants. Even our laundry room doesn't smell. All signs of pulls ups are gone. There isn't a hint of pee anywhere like it was before. I love them.

Reynolds Family said...

I am laughing so hard! You forgot to mention how they go to speech together! How funny is that?

Libby said...

Oooh, Kym had her baby! How exciting. I can't wait to hear what the name is.

Your weekend really was exciting. I can't believe how much stinkin' gauze you have on that finger. That is huge! How funny.

I need to find out what these good night pants are Melinda wrote about. Why haven't I heard about them. I would love something that could take away the pee smell.

Rachelle said...

Oh Luke, here comes trouble. I think it is cute all the girls like him.
I am sorry you guys are sick. Isaac woke up sick Monday morning and then the rest of us got it.
I hope you are all feeling better.

Tyler and Karen Davis said...

I just fainted looking at that finger. DANG.