Monday, January 26, 2009

Family band

It's funny how when I want to buy something that is costly we have to think about it for a while, figure out if it is something that we really need, then I just begged after all that I'm finally able to get it. But when Clay wants to buy something, we just go out and buy it. Well that happened this weekend to us. Clay and I went out to lunch and on the way home he said to me "where could we buy guitar hero 4?" I looked at him and said "I thought we were going to have the kids save their money and buy it themselves?" He said "that would take too long", so we found a Target, went in and bought the $200 game. When we got home to our surprise my brother Tom and his kids were just pulling up. This worked out perfect for us. We had this fun new game and Tom needed to kill about five hours, while his wife was speaking at a women's seminar in Sandy. When we got everything set up we discovered we needed four Wii remotes in order to make this game work. We of course only had two. So Clay was off to the store again to spend another $100 on two new remotes and batteries.

I have to admit though, it is a really fun game and we spent almost the entire afternoon playing it with the kids. So I guess it was worth the $300 we spent for some quality family time!



Just one of the many songs we rocked out to on Saturday.



On Sunday we headed to Salt Lake to take the kids to see their new neice. I would tell you her name, but she still doesn't have one yet. On Friday, when we saw her last, Kym and Martin told us her name was going to be Lily. But on Sunday it was once again up in the air. Maybe I should have all of you take a vote and I'll let Kym know the results. It's between Lily, Summer, Grace, Faith and Martin really likes Savannah. Kym of course doesn't want to use it because we have a Savannah. But like I told her yesterday, these kids are 12 1/2 years apart, they are hardly going to know each other. I don't care at all, so if she wants to use that name, it's perfectly alright with me.

Cody was of course the first one to hold her. He wants me to have another baby so bad!

Here are the kids with "small Frey", (it's pronounced Fry). That is what we call her for now.



Savannah with baby Savannah, maybe?


5 comments:

Steve and Jen said...

Looks like the 300 was well spent! The set up of how you two purchase things is similar at our house! I haven't seen Tom forever, that was fun to see the video! What does his wife speak about in her conferences?

Libby said...

That seems to be how we purchase stuff as well. It has gotten better though because I have really put my foot down. But this weekend games came home with a new video game so I must not have made my point perfectly clear yet! Those things are expensive! I would have never spent 50 bucks with out asking him first.

Luke has really got his rocker stance down. He looked like a pro!

Rachelle said...

Are you telling me Tom did not even call to ask if he could come over or see what you were doing? Sometimes that boy's manners embarrass me more than my children's. Thanks for entertaining them and I am glad you had fun. Luke and Tom should start a headbanger band together

Beck said...

Just saw Gh4 at Costco this weekend for $169. Ouch!
Dave

Jill Walker said...

It looks like fun! Jason would love it if we would get Guitar Hero for our Wii.

You never told us what the outcome was with your finger!

Jason has always been a lady's man! It always scared me when he was younger that I was going to have a rough time during his teenage years.