Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Madness!

I have one word to describe my life right now and that word is "Madness"!! Every spring I end up asking myself "what were you thinking", and then the next year I find myself in the same mess as the year before. First, Savannah as you know from previous post is involved in track, now I have Cody playing baseball, Luke in baseball and soccer and last but not least, Brittany and Savannah both playing softball. Cody and Luke both have two games a week for baseball, Luke has two games a week for soccer and my girls each have two games a week also for softball. But, even though my afternoons/evenings are now spent driving and watching games, I couldn't love it more! I love to watch my kids play sports and have to admit I'm one of those moms that loves to yell from the sidelines! My kids, I guess, probably hate this, but I can't help it. My blood just starts pumping and I get so into the game, I just can't sit there on the side lines quiet. I have found the perfect friend for me though at Cody's baseball games. She is Cody's coach's wife and we are just the same when it comes to yelling at the games. Yesterday at Cody's game she was yelling (nicely) at the ref. for a bad call he made, and I have to admit I felt a special bond with her after that!
This is Cody warming up for his first turn at bat!

Cody up for the first time this season. He ended up hitting it and making it to first.

I just wish this crazy Utah spring weather would corporate with me just a little. On Saturday, we ended up sitting in the freezing downpour rain for an hour for Luke's soccer game. He has been playing for a few weeks now and has played more games in the snow/rain than in the sun.
I don't know if I can talk him into playing one more time in the rain.

Tonight is Luke's first baseball game, and my girls start softball next week. I told the kids to say goodbye to home cooked meals and to start DVRing (is that a word) their favorite TV shows. Our lives are just starting to become insane!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

How in the world are you going to make it to all of those games?? Won't they over lap? I really enjoy watching the games also but it isn't fun right now with Ryan. I am excited to have the kids games and not worry about a 2yr old and where he is. Have fun and good luck with the weather. It doesn't look good for the rest of the week.

Rachelle said...

I feel your pain at least a little bit anyway. Why do we do this to ourselves? Of course I love to watch my kids too and thankfully gymnastics is over this week and we can focus on baseball, our cousins coming for a week and getting signed up for soccer.

Libby said...

I do not look forward to these days when my kids are little older. Although I will be like you in one way...I was a yeller at Jack's soccer games as well. I can't help myself. It is so fun to watch them play! I just don't look forward to being so busy!