Monday, May 4, 2009

Mother's Day get away!

This is my partner in crime, Stephanie Decker. We used to live right by each other when I lived in Cedar Hills about 4 years ago. Back then I would walk to her house just about everyday to hang out with her. We were visiting teaching companions, worked together with the activity day girls, were in the same Bunco group, and our birthdays are only a few weeks apart. She goes with me every year to the Rascal Flatts concerts, even though Tim McGraw is here favorite man! We are always joking that she must of been given up at birth because we have to be sisters! When I moved away, we stayed pretty close, she even came out to Valencia with her family and stayed with us for a week. I tell her all the time that she was sent her just for me because none of my real sisters live close enough to me to have this kind of friendship, and the Lord knew I would need this kind of friendship in my life.
Steph is the one person I call when I need a break from all this "mom stuff". She is always right there to come and get me and we take off to get some good food, see a movie or shop. Well Steph called a few weeks ago, pretty much strung out and was in need of a break. She called to see if her time share was open and found out that on May 7th- 10 they had an opening down in St. George. She imediatly called me to see if I would want to go on a girls retreat and I told her to "count me in"! We thought if we got around 6 girls to go with us it would keep the cost down for the time share. Well come to find out that weekend is Mother's Day weekend. All the girls backed out when they found this out, so Steph asked me if I wanted to do the same. Ok, so here I am left with the question, "do I want to be gone out of town on Mother's day". I must be really horrible because the I didn't even have to think about this question, my answer was "Heck Ya!" I mean don't we all just want some peace and quiet on Mother's day, a day that we don't have to work at all? And has that ever really happened? For me, no! I still have kids that fight and argue with each other, I still have to make dinner, and I still have to go to church and do my calling. So that is my Mother's day gift this year, a weekend away, by myself, with a guarantee there will be peace and quiet and no cooking! I couldn't be more excited!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Well I for one hope you have a blast. My kids would never forgive me if I left on this day but they better not be expecting me to cook.

Melinda said...

Have a fun time. It will be good to get away.

Libby said...

I am so excited too! I can't wait to see you guys!