Monday, May 11, 2009

Just what the Doctor Ordered!

I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's day weekend. It was filled with pure relaxation and fun!
My friend Steph and I took off on Thursday around 1:00 p.m. to head down to St. George. We arrived around 5:00, checked into our condo and than immediately found a phone book, looked up and called Massage Envy and made an appt. for us that evening. We were starving by then so we took off to eat dinner. That night we were feeling like pasta, so Olivie Garden is where we went. It was amazing as always. After dinner we had a few hours to kill before our massage appts. so we hit a few stores and shopped, of course. It was so nice to not have to worry about any kids, we just walked around the outlet mall and looked for some cute clothes to buy. When it was time for our massages we headed over to Massage Envy where we got to enjoy an hour of pure bliss. I love to get massages and it had been way too long since my last one. The best part about getting them this late at night was we were so tired from the day and the massage by the time it was over we just took off back to the condo and crashed for the night. I have to admit it was the best nights sleep I have got in a very long time.
The next morning after sleeping in late we put on our work out clothes and hit the gym. We worked out tails off in the gym, went back to the condo, changed into our swimsuits and hit the pool. I love to lay out and just soak up the sun, especially after suck a long winter it feels so good to be hot! We stayed at the pool most of the afternoon, only leaving to get us a big diet coke! Heaven!
That evening we met up with my sister Libby and had dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was a blast hanging out with my sister, except for the part when we went to the movies. We saw the worst movie ever made! Please what ever you do, do not see Obsessed. But after the movie we made up for it by shopping. We hit Kohl's and we did some damage there. I think we kept them open later than they were supposed to because we didn't get out of the store until 11:00 p.m. We just ran around the store finding cute clothes for all of us, then we would try them on, then go and find more clothes, try them on, well you know the routine by now. Libby made out with an entire new wardrobe, I think. We even found matching dresses to by. We both loved the dress so much we each had to have one.
After spending so much time shopping we had to get a late night snack so we hit Red Robin's and had some french flies and a chocolate malt.


The next morning we again slept in and then headed straight for the pool. We were smarter that day and first hit the Maverick for our diet coke and then hit the pool. We stayed at the pool until lunch time and then went to a place Libby told us about. It's called 25 main and it's wonderful for anyone looking for a great lunch in St. George. We shared a BBQ chicken pizza that was amazing and then had some of there cup cakes. These were even more amazing and we couldn't help ourselves after eating one so we went back and bought 6 more (for each of us). We spent the rest of the afternoon doing some more shopping and we hit the pool one last time before dinner. That night we were in the mood to get out of town so we headed to Mesquite for there all you can eat crab legs and prime rib. It was night of us being way to relaxed and really goofy. We laughed harder that night than I have in such a long time. The food was alright, it was just fun to get out and do something different.
The next morning was Mother's day and we slept in again, then got up and got ourselves ready and checked out of the condo. Libby told us of another great place to eat called the Bear Claw and we had a fabulous Mother's day brunch of Belgian waffles with fresh strawberries on top, yummy potatoes, bacon and eggs. We stopped by Libby's to pick up a few things from her on our way out of town. We left her a few cup cakes from 25 Main for her Mother's day gift and she made us some Oreo Truffles to take and eat while driving home. I was able to stop in Cedar and say Hi to my mother that afternoon. I was hoping to catch her at home but of course she was at church, so I ran in (in my shorts) found her in the chapel and got to spend a few minutes with her before I had to take off back home.
When I got home my cute family had a sign on the garage door for me that said "Happy Mother's day". To my surprise the house was as clean as it was when I left and they had some red roses on the table for me and some very cute homemade gifts the boys made at school. I love when they give me these cause I love to read about all the different things I love and didn't know about. Here is an example. This one is from Luke.
My mom is beautiful, her hair is ( and this is the part Luke wrote) curly?
She is 1000 inches tall and 1 pound
My mom always helps me...do my chores?
My moms favorite food is....lettuce? really
She doesn't like it when.... I fight (spelled I fit)
Can you believe how tall and skinny I am. Wow!

Cody's is a note that he wrote and they framed it for me. I'll just just write the whole thing
I love you because you are so nice to me and you're like my best friend. You are so special to me. I don't know how I could live without you. You're a very good mom and cook. You make delicious chicken. You're the best mother I could ask for. Happy Mothers day, Love, Cody

I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's day weekend. I just hope I get to do this every Mother's day.

No comments: