Monday, May 11, 2009

It's graduation time!

Luke got to graduate from Kindergarten this morning, even though school is not officially out for another two weeks. Because I'm his room mom I got to walk the kids down the hallway into the gym for their ceremony, I also got to hand them their hat and diplomas. Before the ceremony began they started by singing us a few "season" songs, one for every season of the year.


Some more cute songs preformed by all the kindergarteners


I'm sad the picture was out of focus for this one. Luke was receiving his diploma just then.


After everyone received their diplomas they had them all stand together for a group picture. Yes, Luke looks like a giant next to everyone else.


Following the ceremony we headed to the atrium for some cookies and pictures.

This is Luke with his teacher Mrs. Eldredge

3 comments:

Libby said...

Good, I'm glad you got your pictures in time for your post. One picture seems to be missing though...ha ha!

Luke really is a giant next to all the kids! He is tall to begin with, so he is especially tall next to all those kids! I wonder how he would be next to Jack these days?

I'm glad your trip was so much fun. Thanks for including me in it! And thanks for the amazing cupcakes. I seriously love that place! I have decided that the chocolate cupcakes are the texas sheet cake recipe.

Melinda said...

Your weekend sounds like it was perfect and pure heaven. You did everything so perfectly.

Luke looks so cute in his pictures. We have Livy's preschool grad next week. Thankfully it will only be 1/2 hour.

Tonya said...

how fun, i wish school was out. i'm sick of homework. What a cute little guy. My Luke graduates from kindergarten on June 2nd. Hope I'm up to it.