Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Cody!

We have a family tradition in our family that when even it is someone's birthday, that person gets their favorite breakfast served to them in bed. Cody requested chocolate chip and lemon poppy seed muffins this morning for his 10th birthday breakfast.

Every other year my kids get a "friend" birthday party of their choice (well, of course with in reason). Cody asked to have the "exact" same birthday party that Savannah had last year. I of course was happy to do this because it is so easy to do and everyone stays outside, so we are all happy!
This is the blow-up water slide we bought last year, and I have to say, it was soooo worth the money! The kids love it, and play on it all summer long.
Ten boys showed up and well you can say, it was crazy, but very fun!

This was the only time I really was nervous during the party. I was terrified I was going to be calling someone's parents telling them there was an "accident" on the tramp.

The boys thought it was so cool that I got them each their own bottle of silly string. Our front and back yard is a complete mess right now, but this is Highland and the winds will pick up soon enough and all that mess will be a thing of the past!

Luke especially loved the silly string!


I thought this was the best idea for a present! Cody got this balloon that was tied to a bad of candy, but inside the balloon was cash!

The theme of this years gifts were....guns! Cody got two different water guns and one Nerf gun.

Thanks to Costco, I didn't have to cook one thing. I love these cupcakes because not only don't I have to cook, but I don't have to cut a cake either!

Cody's gift from us was a new bike. He got to big for his old one and just two weeks ago it was stolen from our yard.
Cody's we love you so much and are so proud of the person you are becoming. Cody is truly one of the most selfless people I know. I know that Heavenly Father sent him down to be Luke's older brother for a reason. He is so patient with him and makes sure he is always feels included. Cody always has a smile on his face. This is the best thing about him and I try to be more kind and smile more often so I can be like him.

In other happenings this week, Savannah had her first 7th grade choir performance. Thankfully it happened to be right in between Cody's and Luke's baseball games, so I was able to sneak away to see it. The best part was when I arrived there, to my surprise I bumped into my Aunt Jo Ann, Nana Ora, and my cousin Susie. Susie's daughter was also preforming in the choir, so I was able to have someone to sit next too during the performance.

I had to put this video of Luke up to bat at his base ball game in. He was very upset with me that I didn't have any pictures of him on my blog of him playing baseball. So this one's for you Luke!!

3 comments:

Libby said...

Wow, Luke is actually playing pitch ball. That seems so much better! Jack has his first t-ball game this week and it was hilarious! Hilarious because of what a joke it was!

Happy birthday to Cody! I am sorry I didn't call today, and now it seems late for that sort of thing. We were out partying for James bday today in Vegas still! Looks like it was a great time!

Melinda said...

I am the biggest loser. I totally had his bday with the calendar I made down for tomorrow! How did I get that wrong? I have been planning on calling him tomorrow. Did you just celebrate today? Please tell me I am not going crazy.

Either way, Happy birthday to Cody! We will call tomorrow.

Rachelle said...

Dangit, We were going to call and wish Cody Happy Birthday. I am sure Isaac is going to be bummed. Look for an email from Isaac to Cody.

I love the cupcakes idea and I am so stealing that for Isaac's birthday in couple weeks.