Monday, June 29, 2009

Cowabunga Bay

For day two of our stay-cation, we took the kids to the newest water park in Utah, Cowabunga Bay. We got there around 11:00 in the morning and thought it would be warm enough, especially since it read 85 degrees in our car. But to our surprise we froze the entire day. The water was freezing and thanks to the cloud cover that would come and go all day long we were cold. We were determined to have fun no matter what, so we sucked it up and spent the day in the water!

The kids were waiting for the giant bucket of water to fall on them


Cody always has a smile on his face, even when he is freezing!


I told Clay that I needed at least one picture with myself in it. In my last few blogs I'm always the one taking the pictures. I need proof that I was there too.


Luke was the one complaining the most about the cold!


The lazy river was the only place that you would not freeze your behind off in. They actually heated the water in that pool. We spent most of the day doing this.

On Saturday, we went back to our old neighborhood in Cedar Hills and had a BBQ dinner with my friend Stephanie and her family. Every year Cedar Hills has an amazing fire works show for the 24th of July celebration. Well, this year they decided to do it in June instead, don't ask me why, but they did. So after dinner and games we watched the fire works from their front yard. This is something that we would do every year when we used to live in Cedar Hills and we actually started it back up last year with our old neighbors and look forward to it every year. Fun times!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

That place does look fun even though it was freezing. We were cold at seven peaks last week when we went. It was nice to be a little colder than dying of the heat.

Hope you are having fun today with your activities.

Libby said...

First off, Brit looks like a super model in that last picture with her serious face on!

That place looks like a lot of fun! Too bad it was freezing.

I need to take more pictures of myself as well. I am always the missing person from the pictures on my blog!

Jill Walker said...

That looks fun!