Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 1 of the "Stay-cation"

It's finally summer and we are loving it! Clay decided to take Thursday and Friday off from work and we told the kids we were having a "stay-cation". What is that you ask? It's a vacation that you take at home. For our first night we thought it would be fun to camp in the back yard. We set up the tent, got some food to BBQ, turned on some Rascal Flatts, lit the fire and had fun!
The kids were more than willing to help out!


After setting up the tent it was time to sit back, relax and laugh!



BBQ hots dogs were on the menu along with some corn that we cooked on the BBQ as well!



After dinner we entertained ourselves by jumping on the tramp, playing with the dog and singing to the music!


Then of course it was time for the smores!




Doing all this in the backyard, we started to attracted many neighbor kids! Oh well, the more the merrier, right?



Luke started a game called "how many girls can I get to sit in my lap?"


To finish the evening we decided to light some fireworks. I know it's not the 4th yet, but who cares, they were so much fun! Our neighbors saw us doing the fireworks and decided to join us, but they had the cool fireworks that shoot up into the sky. Yes, they are illegal, but the kids thought it was the greatest night ever!

After all the festivities, we tucked ourselves into our tent and went to sleep. No, I slept in my bed! What can I say!

Tomorrow day 2 of the stay-cation.....Cowabunga Bay water park!!

4 comments:

Beck said...

sounds like fun! can't wait to come up for the 4th and see you guys!!!

Melinda said...

What a fun idea! I love this. I know our kids would totally love doing this also. It looks like you guys are all back to feeling good. I am so glad!

Libby said...

Staycations are all the rage right now! I have been planning one out in my head as well. We haven't toured a lot of the cool things around our home (zion's ect.) and I thought it would be fun to have a staycation to get to know all the cool things we live by!

You guys look like you had such a great time! I bet it is something your kids will remember!!

Rachelle said...

Love it! Stay cations are great. I think your frog story is so funny. My Mom l O V E D it when she found our pet grasshoppers in the house jumping into her face.