Saturday, June 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Savannah

My youngest daughter turned 13 yesterday! Where has the time gone? Savannah was my "surprise" child that I have to admit I was not too happy about when I first found out I was expecting her. She is the third child in the family and her older sister Brittany, was only 5 months old when I found out I was having her. I was in shock mode for the first four months of my pregnancy, until I had my ultra-sound and found out I was having another girl, my third to be exact, then I was in depression mode!
I was so upset I wasn't having a boy, and it wasn't a very fun pregnancy either because I didn't need anything new, I already had everything I needed for a girl. I was especially not looking forward to having another baby because Brittany had such terrible colic that I was going on 5 months of little to no sleep and couldn't believe I was going to have to go through that again, so soon. Well to my surprise when Savannah was born she was a complete angel and only woke up one time during the night for a bottle. She even slept most of the day.
She is a wonderful addition to our family and I have to say I'm so thankful now that all my girls are older, that they are so close in age to each other. Brittany and Savannah are very close and best friends with each other. It was worth it to have three girls in 3 1/2 years!

This year was Savannah's family party year, so we did our usual, favorite dinner of the birthday child, than a party afterwords. Clay and I had to get her this tee-shirt of a hamster rolling in it's ball. For all of you that know Savannah, you know that she loves her animals. She used to have a hamster that she would let roam the house in it's ball.

Savannah asked for Lego's for her birthday. She explained to me that when she has bad days she would love to have some Lego's to go into her room and build anything she wants, to help cheer her up. Unfortunately, they did not arrive in the mail before her birthday, so I had to print out a picture of the set I bought and I put it in a bag for her to unwrap. She still is so young, I love it!

Of course turing 13, what else do you get but more clothes!

Savannah asked for a i-pod and it was so fortunate for us that we had Clay's old one just lying around. So we wrapped it up and gave it too her!
Besides clothes, Lego's and an old i-pod she also got a necklace from her Aunt Kym with an "S" on it. It is so cute and went perfectly with her new clothes. The good thing is I can also where the necklace too! Yea

Happy Birthday Savannah!


Now, I need to write about other things that have been going on since school let out. I met up with my sister Melinda a few times for lunch in Orem. This last time we took the kids to see the movie Up.

Here we are at California Pizza Kitchen before the movie. Our kids love to get together and always complain when the day is over that they need to spend more time with them.

Cody made it to the Championship play-offs in baseball this year. Unfortunately, they lost their last game and came in 2nd place. You just can't win them all!

Cody didn't mind though, because 2nd or 1st place, it didn't matter you still got a trophy! Now he is looking forward for football to start up!

Just one more funny thing I have to put in so that I don't forget it. Luke has been complaining every Sunday about going to church. He finally asked us last week "when is it break for church"? Clay and I just looked at him puzzled and he said "you know how it's break for school, when is it break for church?" We couldn't help but laugh, he thought because it was summer break for school that it should be summer break for church. When we explained there wasn't a summer break for church he got even more upset. We'll have to bring that one up with President Monsen and see what he has to say about it.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

That is pretty funny about summer break with church. Is it bad that sometimes I wish we could have a summer break from our callings?

When we get back we should meet half way and let the boys spend the night here. I think everyone would love that. We'll have to come up with a day.

That shirt of Savannah's hamster shirt is pretty darn funny. So perfect for her.

Libby said...

Ah, Jack would love a summer break from church! What is up with this age the boys are in and hating church. Jack is so put out to have to go and sit still and be told to sing songs. It saddens me a bit! Hopefully he will grow out of it.

Happy birthday Savannah! I am so sorry I forgot to call. Probably no surprise to you. I am the slacker sister for sure when it comes to remembering b-days. I bet all the other aunts sent cards are were good. :( Her party looks like fun though! I love that she wanted legos! She is so funny. And the hamster shirt is a crack up! So Savannah! I love the S necklace idea though. That is such a great gift.

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday to Savannah. That is so cool she wanted legos. That girl is always full of surpises and that is why I love her.

Oh Luke. Lia doesn't ask to get off church she just wants to be able to go to swimming lessons on Church day.

Jill Walker said...

Love CPK! Congratulations on getting to join the choir that is so awesome! I am so happy for you.