Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Luke!

First, I have to say thank you to my sister Melinda for my birthday post last week. That was very sweet of her to do and I want her to know how much I love and appreciate her!

But this week it's my youngest birthday and he is turning 7! When Luke woke up this morning the first thing he asked me was if he looked any different. He said "do I still look 6 or do I look 7"? I told him he looked older and totally like a 7 year old.
Luke was one of our 2 surprise pregnancies in our family. Savannah definitely takes the prize for being our biggest surprise, but we weren't really expecting Luke either. The day I found out I was pregnant with Luke was actually the morning after Thanksgiving. Every that knows me knows I love to start my Christmas shopping that morning. That morning I went out with my sister Melinda and my mother. We were almost done with our shopping when out of the blue the thought came into my mind that I was late and could possibly be pregnant. Up until that morning I hadn't even thought of it. I didn't want to say anything to my family, in case I wasn't pregnant so I quietly put in a pregnancy test into the big pile of toys I was buying. When I got home I went upstairs and took the test. When it came back positive I about feel over. I put the test on the back of the toilet and went downstairs and told Clay that I had a surprise for him upstairs in the bathroom. Now my sister and mother had come back home with me so I didn't really want to tell them yet before Clay knew so he went upstairs while I stayed downstairs with my family. Clay came walking back downstairs and we both looked at each other and just smiled, this kind of shocking smile at each other and didn't say anything else about it until every one left. Well about 7 1/2 months later we had ourselves this cute little boy! Luke came out screaming when he was born and he really never stopped. Ask my mother, he really didn't stop!
But he still was such a blessing to our family! I never found out what I was having when I was pregnant with Luke, but I always knew we would have a boy!
When we lived in So. California a few years back we took the kids to Disneyland every chance we had. Luke was obsessed with Whinny the Pooh back then and we literally went on that Pooh ride about 100 times that year.
Luke is my crazy kid and will do anything and everything he likes. I do Yoga and Luke loves to copy me and this is what I get....Luke doing a Yoga move on our hike.
Just so you know, I don't hold my fingers that way, don't ask me where he copied that from!
We love you Luke and are so happy you came to complete our family! Have a great birthday!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday to Luke! He looks just like his baby pictures! So cute. Remember when I babysat him that one weekend when you all went to Texas and he litteraly cried and didn't sleep the whole weekend and then when Clay came to get him he was asleep in the car before Clay even left my block? So funny.

As usual his card is late. I kept thinking I had one more week before he hit the week of the 20's in July. Sounds crazy I know but I really did. Tell Luke it will be waiting for him when he gets home from Mom's. Have a great time.

Libby said...

It is SO cute to see Luke's baby pictures. I forgot how much hair he had, and what a little man he was. He does look the same even today!

Happy birthday Luke! We are so glad you guys are in Cedar and just a short drive away. I can't wait to hang out!!!!

Reynolds Family said...

What a cute baby he was! We think he is an absolutely darling boy and love that he gets along so well with Emma! Happy birthday Luke!