Sunday, August 23, 2009

are you ready for some football?

I have to admit, this is my favorite time of the year....football season! I can't tell you how happy I am that I have boys and that they love to play football. It is so exciting to go and watch Cody play in his games. When I'm at the game I can't just sit there and watch. I pace up and down the side lines, yelling and cheering the whole time. Yesterday was Cody's first game against one of the three Lehi teams. It started about 1/2 hour late, thanks to the game before ours going longer than they were supposed too. It was over 100 degrees by the time the game started, but that didn't matter, we were so pumped and ready to start!
Cody plays a multitude of positions. First and most important he is the quarterback, his also plays full back, running back and half back, that is just on offense. On Defense he is the defensive end. So here is how the game started, Clay is their head coach, they huddle and decide what play they will run... You can tell where Cody is because he has a different color helmet.
Cody and the team line up and get ready to run a reverse...

Cody snaps the ball and he's off
He runs it down to the 20 yard line. It takes one more play and he is in for the first touchdown of the game!
After half time, Cody has to be pulled out for a few minutes to cool down. He starts complaining of feeling nauseous. I'm afraid he might have heat stroke. We put him under the canopy, put a bag of ice on the back of his neck and spay him down with water bottles. After a few minutes he was ready to be back in the game!
With only a few minutes left in the game we are ahead by one touchdown. The other team is at the 20 yard line and it's up to Cody and his team mates to try and hold them back.
Thankfully, they try to throw the ball, it's intercepted by one of our team mates and the game is over! We won!
It was cute to see how happy these boys were after their first win of the season. It's going to be an exciting season, I'm looking forward to going to all the games and watching Cody and the rest of the team play hard and hopefully win most of the games. Go Knights!!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Yay. Soccer started for us and I am enjoying Isaac's vastly improved soccer skills. They have won both of their games so far. Last year his team hardly won any games so this is a great change.

Melinda said...

This is some serious football! It is weird to have no sports going on for us right now. I am kind of greatful since I would have no help with it.


Way to go Cody!

Jill Walker said...

I love football too. I am already missing not having any kids in school and doing sports. Maybe I'll have to join you.