Monday, August 24, 2009

Terrifying!

My world has just turned terrifying! Today, my oldest child is legally allowed to drive a car!! I'm in a complete state of panic! On one hand, it's going to be so nice to have another person to drive the other kids around to all of their various activities, but on the other I keep having nightmares she is going to kill herself, or someone else. Last night I had a dream she hit Luke while he was outside playing and he flew into the curb, head first. I literally jumped out of my bed. I know I'm just being a little paranoid, but I can't help it. I am very glad she can now drive herself to school, especially early morning seminary. I'll just keep thinking of the positives and I'm sure I'll be just fine.

This is Jess taking off for the first time by herself. She just went to a friends house, but I made her text me as soon as she arrived (I know more paranoid behavior).
She wont usually drive the Suburban, she has her own car thanks to her Nana Collins. She gave her, her old BMW that Jess has named "Billy". But today Clay drove it so that he could get it registered. I'll take another picture with Billy tomorrow to show everyone.
Keep her in your prayers, she will need them! So will I!

3 comments:

Libby said...

Billy? A BMW??? Wow! Way to go Jess!

How exciting that she is licensed driver now!

Melinda said...

She seriously gets to drive a BMW? It is scary that she is driving. She doesn't seem old enough for this yet. BTW, that was a horrible dream.

Rachelle said...

Wow. I would totally be texting her to make sure she made it OK. Fun times. I named my first car Dirty Harry.

Horrid Dream