Saturday, October 10, 2009

Another week gone!

I swear if I could have one wish it would be for more time during the day. I don't know what has really cause it, but I just never have enough time in the day to get everything done. I go to bed completely exhausted, wake up the next morning still tired, then run, run, run all day long. Well, I should say drive because I spend most of the day in my car. Thank goodness for I-pods because I would go completely crazy having to listen to the radio that entire time.
Well my cute Brittany got herself her first job. Yes, she is a sign holder! She is trying to save up enough money so that she can go to Costa Rica with her Spanish class at the end of the year. It cost $2000 for the trip, plus spending money once your their. We told her she would have to pay for half of the trip if she wanted to go.
These pictures are so much cuter when they are big. Wouldn't you buy a mattress from such a cute sales girl??

Cody had his last football game for the season today and it couldn't have been better. He was on fire the entire game, even took out 3-4 players all by himself. They were not hurt too bad, but they needed help walking off the field. Clay and I were so proud!!
I wish this picture was bigger too because then you could see this guys eyes, he has a look of terror on his face! He knows who's coming after him!!

I love this picture because it shows Cody's "angry eyes" (yes, that is from Toy Story) He is ready to take some off the field with those eyes!

I'm so sad football is over! I love watching Cody play (if you couldn't tell). I'm already looking forward to next season.

Well two funny stories that happened this week, first, Luke came home from school last week and declared he was going to serve a mission in Chinese. I asked "Do you mean China"? "No", he said "Chinese". I then explained that the people were called Chinese and the place they lived was called China. He didn't really care and he continued to tell me that he already leaned some of the language. He proceeded to talk in Chinese and said "Bonjour, Madre"! My cute boy spoke french and Spanish and thought it was Chinese. Who knows maybe when he is old enough to serve a mission there will be a French and Spanish speaking mission in China!

Last story, today we were sitting out front waiting for all the parents to show up to pick up their sons from our end of the year pizza party at our house when all of a sudden two horses came running down the street. We didn't think anything of it until we noticed no one was riding the horses. A few seconds later a girl came running down the street yelling "wow, horse, wow". Clay didn't hesitate, he jumped into the car and started chasing the horses down. Luckily, they turned down another street and stopped to eat a neighbors lawn. Clay jumped out of the car, grabbed the reigns and held the horses until some parents showed up. What happened was a couple girls that were friends with Brittany were riding thier horses, one got bucked off and while the other girls was checking on her friend the horses got spooked and took off running down the street. I swear this happens at every house we live in, a horse gets spooked and Clay, always in his flip flops, has to chase them down and catch them. When we lived in Cedar Hills a horse ran away and Clay caught him and used some old computer wires for a harness to hold him until his owner could come get him. Clay did this a lot growing up on a ranch in No. California. He was always chasing cattle and horses that got out, mostly during the middle of the night! When he got back he said "I'm always in flip flops when this sort of thing happens"! I think maybe he should find a different pair of shows to start wearing!

4 comments:

Libby said...

I was just thinking that Brit is the best looking sign holder I have ever seen! Usually those people are borderline nasty! I bet the store is loving having Brittany as their sign holder. She is so cute!!!

The horse story is hilarious. What are the odds of that happening?

Rachelle said...

I am giggling. I think that is just awesome that Brittany is holding a sign. Talk about a humbling, thankless job.

I love the horse story.

Melinda said...

Brit looks so cute and way to go to try to earn some money! How long did you sit out and watch her? I think I would have stayed the whole time.

I thought Clay only wore flip flops or his work shoes? Get him a pair of Keens. They are sandals but can grip really well. We love ours.

Jill Walker said...

Yes I would buy a mattress from such a cute girl!

Thank goodness Clay is so good at catching horses. Did you know he had such hidden talents?