Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Where has the time gone?

It's been so long since my last post, at yet, it seems like just yesterday. I was hoping my days would become relaxing and I would have all the time in the world to get the things done that I need too now that my kids are in school full time, but it's just completely the opposite. I'm so much more busy than I ever was and the days and weeks go by so quickly I can hardly keep up.
The number one thing taking up so much of our time is football. We have practice 3 days a week and then a game on top of that. I know it doesn't sound like much, but because Clay is the coach practices are longer for us, planning, making calls, sending emails and even game day is longer.
But I'll admit, I will be sad when it's all over. I love to go to practice and the games and watch Cody play. I can't wait until he is in High School and we get to go to all his games and watch him play.
Anyways, enough about that, for the past few weeks we have done some pretty fun things. First, we got to babysit our cutest niece Lily. Cody and Luke act like it's Christmas morning when Lily comes over, especially Cody. He has a special little place in his heart for babies. He would love for me to have another baby, but I keep trying to explain, it's just not going to happen.


He is so cute with Lily! He just wants to hold her and take care of her the entire time she is with us.

We also had everyone over a few weeks ago for my mother in law's birthday.

I love to have people over for Sunday dinner so we decided it would be fun to celebrate her birthday and have all the Collins' that live in Utah over to help us celebrate.
I don't know why Jessica didn't get in on this picture, but here is Nana Collins with 4 of her grandchildren. Happy Birthday Susan!

After the team's win on Saturday Clay announced he was throwing a pizza party at our house!
So I hurried after the game to the store to buy 4 cases of the 24 pack of soda, 8 pizza's, 6 bags of crazy bread, five bags of cookies and a few bags of chips. We didn't have any leftovers!

20 boys ended up coming for 2 hours of more football, 4 wheeling, food and of course a water fight to end the party!
This is Cody's behind! His friend picked him up so that the other boy could dump a cup of water on his head. Now that is what I call team work!

This past Sunday we decided, along with most of Utah, to take a ride up American Fork canyon to see the pretty fall colors.


So there they all are, our trip to Cascade Falls in American Fork canyon.

Yesterday the kids came running into the house and announced they had caught a snake in the backyard. Now for those of you who have never seen our backyard, we have a huge empty field behind our house, which hopefully soon will be a park, but right now is full of all kinds of furry friends. We have snakes, mice, moles, deer, fox and even a cougar sighting back in the field. But I have to say this is the first snake that has been caught. Susan, if your reading this, you probably want to stop right now.
Now your probably thinking after seeing this picture that we let the kids keep the snake, but in fact he is free, back in the field as we speak. The kids thought they would keep this snake happy and fed on insects, but I informed them that he is used to eating the mice in the field and there is no way I'm going to provide this snake with that sort of meal. So back wild and free he went today, and I'm guessing pretty starving as well!

5 comments:

Libby said...

I think that is the same snake that made it's way to our front porch. But unlike you guys, my neighbor smashed the snake to death instead of releasing it back into the wild. That is how we deal with snakes around here! Don't tell Savannah!!! She may never talk to us again.

That was a super huge recap. But I am glad to be caught up on your fam!

Melinda said...

Wow, that is the big catch up. Is that cake the one from Sams? It is really pretty.

Lily is so darn cute! Those eyes. I am so glad she is doing okay and looks like she is growing up big. You can tell she is a collins.

We get snakes here all the time. We had two in our backyard. I don't mind them as long as they eat the mice. That is what we have too much of.

Rachelle said...

Gorgeous pics of the canyon.

You are the perfect Mom for football boys. 8 pizzas, Wow!

If Savannah does not grow up to be a vet I am going to be shocked.

Reynolds Family said...

That is so cute that Cody is so sweet with babies! My girls love to catch snakes too and keep them as long as they can...I am also against providing meals for them.

Beck said...

THATS the snake???? so glad I wasn't around for that. Good thing it was too cold for snakies to come out while we were around!
I can picture the hamsters turning into snake food ifyou ever got one!
Thanks again for a really fun weekend. It was so fun to hang out and chat.