Monday, December 21, 2009

School Christmas program

I love this time when I can take a few minutes away from shopping, cooking, cleaning, wrapping and everything else that takes over my busy life during this Christmas season and go and watch a cute Christmas program, where they still sing "Merry Christmas" and songs about our Savior. Luke with his "I'm to cool for this" attitude, of course didn't sing much or do any of the hand motions, was still fun to watch. But he was all smiles while he was walking in!Of course that had everything to do with the girl standing next to him. Yes, him and Emma are still going strong. They have survived kindergarten and now half of first grade! She's a keeper!

Cody on the other hand sang one of his songs and they rapped the next one. He wasn't too into the singing but boy was he all over the rap song! Can I get one kids that enjoys singing like me???
Yesterday was our ward's Christmas program at church. We had the primary sing a melody of cute primary Christmas music, then the Young Women sang, since I'm in there now I went up to sing with them. Then our ward choir sang a song, of course I sang in that too, than finally me and this guy in our ward sang a Kurt Bestor duet. It was a great program and I loved being able to sing so many times, especially Christmas music, my favorite! I don't know if my ward loved it, but hey no one else volunteered!
Later that evening was our Stake Christmas program that I love to sing in every year. It is directed by Donald Riplinger, who used to direct the Tabernacle Choir. We is a musical genius and write a lot of the music we sing. He chooses extremely hard music to sing every year but the pieces are the most beautiful and amazing to sing. He has violins, trumpets, horns, cello's, and other instruments that accompany us to some of the songs and it's hard for me sometimes to even sing the songs without crying through them. This year he had a violinist play a duet with the piano to "Devine Redemer", my favorite Christmas song ever and it was so amazing, words can't even do it justice. I could of listened all night to her play!
I have to say though, by the end of the preformance my voice was completely gone but it was well worth it! I love being in this program every year, and I feel so blessed to have moved into this stake that provides me with this opportunity.

No comments: