Thursday, September 22, 2011

August

Last weekend we took the kids to the Sydney Temple. While we were there, Clay took some pictures on his blackberry.  I asked him to down load them onto the computer and to my surprise I found a bounty of picture taken in August while I was in Utah with Jess.  So I'm going to go back in time and catch up on some things Clay and the kids did while I was gone.  I'll post about our Sydney trip later.

Clay found this great condo the first time we went to Sydney to visit. It's in Manly, a town about 15 minutes from Sydney harbor.  It's right on the beach and it's close by the harbor, which means you can just jump on one of the ferries that runs about every 1/2 hour and you get to Sydney harbor with out having to deal with the traffic or the pain of trying to find parking.  Clay took the kids back to the condo for a quick weekend getaway. 





 This is daring harbor.  It's one of the stops the ferry makes on it's way to Sydney Harbor.



 One of the other things Clay and the kids did was some spring cleaning around the house. 


The pool was in need of some special attention.  After all winter with no cover on it there were some interesting treasures we had to clean up in and around the pool area. Thankfully, the kids are dying to start using it so they are more than happy to help us get it ready for the summer months!


Luke is missing our 4 wheeler a lot! But the riding lawn mower has helped fill the void pretty well. This has been the only time the boys actually fight over who gets to mow the lawn every week!

2 comments:

Libby said...

Is it just the picture or is that water at Darling Harbor really gross?

Sometimes I am still amazed that you guys live there! It is so wild and rugged!

Stephanie said...

You know Libby, I never noticed it. It must only be in the harbor cause I've never seen it like that any where else. Probably all the gas from the ferries.