Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Police, Firetrucks and pumkin patches, Oh my!

Well it's officially fall because I'm wearing a sweater and going to pumkin patches! I went with Lukes kindergarten class on their fall field trip yesterday and boy am I worn out. 50 kids went and we had about 8 adults. Which was way easier than last year when we only had 3 adults.
Luke was so excited about going and being able to ride the bus. I don't understand what kind of lure this kid has over the girls but you'll see from these pictures, he got something! And he always has. Even when he started preschool he had this little girl name Sofie that liked him the entire year, and he liked her as well. Last year there was a girl named Courtney, this year it's Emma. I'm nervous about this kid become a teenager!




This is Luke feeding Leroy, the 1400 pound pig I laughed so hard when I first saw this picture. I guess Emma found her "pumkins"!
Emma was so cute in this picture. She kept trying to put her arm around Luke's waist, but he would shake it off. She finaly just put her hand around his arm.

After the pumkin patch he headed over to the Fire Dept. Luke got to watch this fireman get into his gear, then he came around for a Hi 5 from all the kids.
This is inside the fire truck. By now Luke was so sick of me making him smile for the pictures this was all he was able to give me.
Behind the truck, and another terrible smile.
The next day I took my scout troop to the police station. The officer that took us on our tour really seemed to favor Cody, I don't know why, but you'll see from these pictures.


He first took us into the booking room and handcuffed Cody and his friend together. Cody playing the part of being sad he was arrested
This is the holding cell they put the "bad guys" in before they interrogate them
This is the interrogation room.
This was the end of the tour. Cody of course was picked to wear the helmet.





2 comments:

Melinda said...

Hey how fun! I am going with Olivia and her class to the pumpkin patch next tues. We are also going monday night for FHE with another family. It should be fun but I will be so done with that place. You have been very busy. Jason and I haven't decided everything for tomorrow but I will call you.

Carter Family said...

I just went with Megan on her fieldtrip to the Pumpkin Patch as well. It is definately that time of year. I love the tall stalks of corn... and being able to feed the pig. That's way cool! I think all of your children are beautiful... so it's no doubt that even at such a young age Luke is having that kind of power of girls! :)