Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend with Family

We had a great weekend with Clay's sister Courtney and her family in town from Texas. It started Thursday night when I went down to Orem to my mother-in-laws house to pick up my three niece and nephews. They are 12, 10 and 6 years old and my kids love spending time with them. They spent the night with us and the next day Cody and Brittany were able to go with them to the BYU game in Logan.

Saturday we woke up to rain, and it never stopped. We went to Cody's football game and only lasted for the first half. It was freezing, cold and very wet!




Colton was such a good sport and helped out our team by holding the chains during the first half. It was pouring rain and he got soaked!

The next morning was beautiful and cold. The kids told us that they knew how the pioneers felt that morning because they were so freezing cold. Clay and I just laughed and thought if the pioneers heard that one they would probably be rolling in their graves!


We had our reguar Conference breakfast feast that morning, then enjoyed the morning watching Conference.

Well as you can imagine, the kids didn't last long watching Conference so I took the opportunity to take pictures of what they did during this time.



A little light saber fight on the tramp.




Some video game playing, of course it was Lego's Star Wars.




The older kids played Apples to Apples most of the morning.



This is what our morning looked like on Sunday. Sometimes I have to remind myself why I like living in Utah, well this is one of them. This is right outside my back porch.
After morning conference the whole family came over to watch the afternoon session of conference. This was pretty crazy! Courtney, her husband Trent, thier six kids, Chelsey, Kym and her husband Martin and my mother in law Susan all were there. Courtney's three youngest kids love our dog and spent most of the time chasing him around. After that got old went over to help build trains with Luke and Clay, which of course drove them crazy. And the older kids ran around outside, only to come back covered in mud. After two hours of this it was time for the Kimballs to head to the airport. We had a great weekend with them and hope to get out to Texas this summer to visit them again.

3 comments:

Libby said...

Sounds like fun. It is weird, but I always forget your kids have other cousins besides us. Probably because Courtney lives so far away.

The picture of the mountains is beautiful. I love that about Northern Utah as well. I miss the mountains in SLC!

Melinda said...

Glad you had a fun weekend. That is pretty funny to hear what the kids said about the pioneers. I think their eyes would be rolling also.

Don't the mountains look so beautiful! I can't beleive how much snow they got!

Rachelle said...

Those photos of the mountains are amazing. We had some beautiful fog shrouded mountains this weekend also. Lia was a little worried about the "smoke on the mountains." until we explained they were clouds.

Sounds like you had a full house this weekend.