Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Letter to Santa

Luke is my only child left that believes in Santa. Cody pretends like he still believes, but I know he is in on the secret! Today Luke wanted to write and mail Santa a letter to tell him what he wants for Christmas this year. Of course on the top of his list was Bakagons, which I don't even know what they really do. I did get them for him so he'll have to figure out how they work on his own, or with the help of his brother. This is Luke after he mailed the letter. He told me that now he is sure he will get what he wants! I love that I can read how he addressed the letter. It is so cute!
I didn't post about this earlier because the photo was on my cell phone and I needed the assistance of my daughter to figure out how to send it to me so that I could post the picture.

Cody had his EEG test at Primary Children's hospital last Weds. This is because of the seizure he had a few weeks ago. This test will tell us if it was a one time thing or something more serious. I haven't heard back from my Doctor about the results yet, but I'll let you know when I do.
The best part about this test was the night before the test Cody could only get 4 hours of sleep. We kept him up until 12:00a.m. the let him sleep until 4:00 a.m. I then woke him up, by pulling him out of bed, since he didn't want to get out on his own. The next two hours were torture! He was so tired I had a hard time keeping him awake. Plus he couldn't have any sugar or caffeine in his system so I couldn't use any of those resources to keep him awake. We watched a football game and I have to admit we both feel asleep on and off during those two hours. At six I finally just headed to the kitchen to make us some breakfast. After eating it was easier to stay awake. At the hospital they hooked him up with 26 electrodes and then wrapped his head to keep them all in place. Then for the next 30 mins. Cody had to fall asleep and let the test record his brain waves (that is why they have to be sleep deprived). He sleep the entire time and before he knew it the test was over.


After the test we called my SIL Kym, since we were up in her neck of the woods and we meet her for lunch. She took us to a great place called Trio, where we ate an amazing pizza, flat bread and salad. It was fun to be able to spend some time with her. She is due with her first baby next month and I know she will be very busy with her daughter and wont be able to do this kind of stuff for a while.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

This is so cute. We need to do our letters here pretty quick to santa. So far Blake is the only one who knows the truth. Call when you hear something.

Libby said...

Trio was right across the street from my apartment that I lived in when I was single and dating James! There is a pizza there that is suppose to induce labor. I ordered it when I was prego with Jack! I was so embarrassed because it was obvious what I was doing since I was 9 months pregnant. The waiter kept smiling at me and then asked me to call and let them know if it worked. It so did not! But it was fun to try.

I am so anxious to hear the news on Cody. I hope it is good news.

QRquties said...

Steph you are just so creative. I love your blog and you just have the cutest family ever. Miss you guys. When are we going on our next trip? Weekend to St. George? Quick show in Vegas sometime?

Jill Walker said...

I am so sorry about Cody! Christine used to have seizures when she would fever and they were so scary. They wanted to put her on phenobarbital every day but that was just too scary for us so we would just give it to her when she would fever. She soon out grew it. I was never more thankful. I hope all goes well for Cody and you get good news!