Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Explaination

I have been asked by a few people, how Cody split open his head. I guess in all my excitement about telling what I did after he got hurt I forgot to explain how he got hurt. We have a lot of boys Cody's age in our neighborhood and thankfully they loved to run and play outside. Well, the boys were playing "army" and were running around our house, when Cody decided to run around one way and another kid decided to run the opposite way. As Cody was circling the house, running towards the front yard one of his friends was in the same path but circling around to the back yard. They collided and because this boy was so much shorter than Cody the top of his head hit Cody's eyebrow (which according to Clay is the weakest part on your face), which resulted in Cody's eyebrow splitting open. The other boy didn't get hurt at all.
I also forgot to mention that we got Cody's EEG test back from Primary children's hospital. The one he had taken right before thanksgiving to check to see if the seizure he had was just a one time thing or something more serious. Well, it came back normal. I can't tell you have relieved I was that we don't have to deal with another medical problem. Dealing with Savannah's diabetes is enough for me right now.
I'm going to go plow the driveway for the second time today and then get back to wrapping the last of the Christmas presents! I'm finally starting to get excited about Christmas now that it's snowing.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Oh I am glad you explained. I was wondering what happened. I wasn't sure if you weren't telling on purpose or if you just forgot! It is funny though because after reading about Cody getting stitches in his eyebrow, I went to work the next day and the guy I worked with had a huge bandaid over his eyebrow and a swollen black eye! I felt like what I had just read about Cody had happened to him instead! He said he got hit in the eyebrow by a guy's elbow while playing football! He had to get stitches, but the other guy broke his elbow! Can you believe it. He must have a very hard head.

I am so so glad that Cody is well and everything came back normal. What a relief!!!

Melinda said...

It is still crazy to think that nothing happened to the other kid and Cody got such a huge cut. You deserve a much needed break from the medical field.

Thanks again for the gift card. All the kids think we should buy something that just they want. Whatever.