Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ward Breakfast Christmas party

This Saturday we braved the terrible snow storm and went to our ward Christmas breakfast party. We had a yummy breakfast casserole and Cinnamon rolls (that had no Cinnamon on them). Our ward put together a cute, but very long, program in which we sang Christmas songs, the primary reenacted the nativity story, we had a cute Christmas story read to us and then last but not least, Santa came. I forced my boys to run to the front of the line, since we had about 300 people there and I knew if we didn't get to the front of the line we would be waiting forever!
Luke was so cute and I loved watching his eyes light up when Santa came walking into the room. Cody asked for an Eagles jersey, with McNabb #5 on the back (he is the quarterback). Of course this is all new to me and I'm already done with Christmas shopping so I hope Santa really does bring him one!

This is Santa disagreeing with Cody. He told him he would be better off asking for a Chargers jersey instead.

Jessica of course was hanging out with Tyler, and didn't feel like sitting on Santa's lap. That is why she isn't in the picture with all the kids. The best part about that morning was I found out this Santa is a guy in our ward and the wife agreed to let me borrow the Santa suit for Luke's kindergarten Christmas party that I'm in charge of. I'm going to have Clay dress up as Santa and come let the kids sit on his lap during the party and then have him read them a book. I'm so happy!:)



3 comments:

Melinda said...

HOw cute!! That will be so darn awesome for Lukes party. The kids will love to have santa all to themselves. I am sure Clay will get smothered by other kids at the school.

Libby said...

Fun for Clay! That looks like a good santa suit though.

You should have got a picture of Jess and Tyler sitting on Santa's lap together. How cute would that have been?

Why wasn't there any cinnamon on the cinnamon rolls? Who dropped that ball? How weird.

We had a ward Christmas breakfast this year too. It must be the new fad!

Christine said...

That's so cute. I wish that our ward would do something cute like that for the kids.