Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Brittany and Clay's new love!!

So today is Brittany's 14th birthday! Brittany is one of the most sweet girls I know. She hardly ever looses her temper, she always thinks about others and tries to make sure no one is left out. She was the Beehive president and was over 16 beehives. She has been on the high honor roll since she started Jr. High school. Her best friend is her younger sister Savannah.
This morning we sort of surprised Brittany with breakfast in bed. She knew we were going to do this and was almost ready for school, but kept her bathrobe on so that it looked like she just woke up. Forgive me for how terrible I look, I just got done working out. Before school, Savannah and a friend went and decorated Brittany's locker, she also wrote all over her bathroom mirror with a paint marker. She also decided it would be fun to write all over the windows of the Suburban. So when I went to pick Brittany up from school, the car was all decorated with cute messages of "Happy Birthday" and "We love you, Brittany".

Later that day we had a family party with brownies and ice cream and of course present .

Earlier this week Clay had the opportunity to go to Brisbane Australia. All I can say is that he is completely in love with Australia and is telling me that if we don't move there within the next six months he is going to be really mad!
This is down town Brisbane at night. This is the river that surrounds the downtown area.

The first day he arrived Clay jumped on a train and headed to the Gold Coast.
He did tons of shopping and brought back some great gifts for the family.
Unfortunately, there were some pretty bad storms just before he arrived which left the water pretty mucky.
This is a look at the beach on the Gold Coast. This is how Clay spent his birthday in Australia.
Here are some more pictures of the buildings that were by his hotel. This is one of the churches.

Clay brought Cody a rugby ball home and now the entire neighborhood is in on the action. Becky are you so proud?
Clay even found his favorite TV show while he was in Australia, it's called Bondi Rescue. It's a reality show about the "Lifesavers" (Life guards) on Bondi beach, it reminds me of Baywatch, but it's not scripted, it's real. Now that Clay is home he watches this show on the internet.

I thought I would include some pictures of Luke at one of his soccer games. As you can see he is the tallest kid on the field. He has to wear an undershirt under his soccer shirt cause the one they gave him was too small for him.
Of course, the best part of the game is afterward when you get the treats!

4 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

Happy Birthday to Brittany! My kids love her. Also, how fun does Australia sound? Just don't move there. Emma would be heartbroken.

Libby said...

Happy Birthday Britt! She really is one of the sweetest teenagers I have ever met. All of your girls are. Who would have thought though that Britt would be so mellow after what a crazy toddler she was. It gives me so much hope for Elise.

The pictures of Austria look amazing...other than the nasty water of course.

Beck said...

those pictures make me really home sicke. The ones of the river and the bridge.. picture that but with a temple sitting on top of orange cliffs.. it's just around the bed from where he took these ones.. it's amazing to see at night. Dave has some fond memories of that church.. haha.. you have to ask him about it. And the gold coast looks just like I remember. I will have to check out that T.V. show though sounds pretty sweet... I can just imagine it he he.

Rachelle said...

I love Brittany too. She really has grown into a wonderful kind hearted girl.

I am not sure how I feel about the moving to Australia thing and Becky would be so jealous.